The Effective Use Of Temporary Signage For Road Traffic Management In Waikato
There are many aspects to consider when developing a temporary road traffic management plan in Waikato. One of these is the effective use of temporary signage for the project or event’s safety and success.
Temporary signage will be displayed in orange and black and will fall into one of the required categories, namely:
- Warning signs to alert to a hazard on the road ahead and warn the road user to proceed with caution. These signs are diamond-shaped.
- Compulsory signs indicate things that MUST or MUST NOT be done. These signs are generally round or rectangular in shape.
- Guidance or information signs that provide information on what to expect up ahead. These signs are rectangular.
General Guidelines For Signs And Devices
All signage and devices used in road traffic management in Waikato should be clean and in a good condition. All the necessary signage should be set up according to the traffic design diagram in the traffic management plan and should conform to these requirements:
- Signs must be clearly displayed and securely erected.
- The signs must be in the line of sight of the user.
- The signs must not be obstructed in any way.
- A sign must not obstruct the view of other signs or devices in the user’s line of sight.
- The sign must be positioned in such a way that it is not a hazard to any road users.
- Signs must not cause traffic to be routed to any undesired destinations.
Safe Installment Of Sign Stands
Signs set up for temporary road traffic management in Waikato will generally be installed on sign stands. These should conform to the following guidelines:
- They must be of solid construction and erected in such a way that they will withstand reasonable conditions such as wind, storms and other turbulence.
- Signs must be able to remain upright to inform road users and pedestrians clearly.
- The signs themselves must not cause a hazard to any road users, including motorists, cyclists or pedestrians, even in the event that they have fallen over.
- Signs for longer-term use should be more securely installed to prevent the need for maintenance and place staff at risk when doing the maintenance.
Contact ISAV today for assistance with all road traffic management services in Waikato. We have all the knowledge and experience to create traffic plans, traffic control systems and more to ensure the traffic safety and success of your project or event.